Temple Recommend Questions
...Are you worthy in every way ?
Trust us | We know
These temple recommend questions remained unchanged since 1986. They were since modified. Questions 11 and 12 were combined and modified. The old questions are listed at the end.
Exercise great care when
interviewing applicants for recommends to enter a temple. Make it clear that you represent the Lord in determining worthiness to enter his holy house. No unworthy applicant should receive a recommend. Be certain that each applicant is worthy as a result of living up to
Church standards and principles. Acceptable answers to the recommend
interview questions ordinarily will establish worthiness to receive a recommend. Do not assume that worthiness to enter the temple at one time is reason for a casual
interview later. Discuss the interview questions with each applicant, and keep each
Generally, do not deviate from the recommend
interview questions. If, during an interview, an applicant asks about the propriety of specific conduct, do not pursue the matter. Merely suggest that if the applicant has enough anxiety about the propriety of the conduct to ask about it, the best course would be to discontinue it. If you are sensitive and wise, you usually can prevent those being
interviewed from asking such explicit questions.
Interview Questions for Recommends to Enter a Temple
8. Are you honest in your dealings with your fellowmen?
12. If you have received your temple endowment --
13. Has there been any sin or misdeed in your life that should have been resolved with priesthood authorities but has not?
OLD Questions #11 & #12 (replaced by
#11a & #11b):
Ebonic (Jive) (other; more)
"Not only was Cain called upon to suffer, but because of his wickedness he
became the father of an inferior race."
Fuh dem Bros: ( Fumly descendants of Cain):
Temple Recommend quesshuns remained unchanged fum at least June, o 86.Dis list wuz still in use as uh September, 1992 and gots'ta since been modified. Quesshuns 11 and 12 wuz combined and modified on de current fo'm. 'S coo', bro. De old quesshuns are listed at da damn end.
Innerviewin' Instrucshuns fo da
Be sho when innerviewin' dem suckas fo' recommends t'enta' a temple. What it is, Mama! Make it clear dat yol sittn in fo da Lo'd in determinin' wo'diness t'enta' his holy crib. No unwo'dy cat git no recomend. Be damn shure dat each sucka be wo'dy as some result uh livin' down t'Church standards, principles an' all. Real answers t'de recommend innerview quesshuns o'dinarily gots'ta establish wo'diness t'receive some recommend. Do not assume dat wo'diness t'enta' de temple at one time be reason fo' some chilled innerview later. Ah be baaad... Discuss de innerview quesshuns wid each mofo, and keep each innerview private. What it is, Mama! Be sho aa cat or bitch who be not livin' down dem Church principles an' stuff t'demonstrate true repentance befo'e receivin' some recommend t'enta' a temple. What it is, Mama! When innerviewin' some cat o' bitch fo' some recommend, don'a ask sucka'al, intimate matters about the ol in-ouyt between some husband and his mama. Generally, do not deviate fum de innerview quesshuns. If, durin' an innerview, a mofo ax's about da damn propriety uh stuff, do not pursue da damn matter. Ah be baaad... iff de mofo gots'ta axe about it, dat mofo best fuckin split raht now. If yo's cool, yo kin preevent dose bein' innerviewed fum ax'in' dem 'esplicit quesshuns.
Please don't tolerate INTOLERANCE !
EmpleTay ecommendRay estionsquay emainedray unchangedway omfray atway eastlay uneJay, 1986.isThay istlay asway illstay inway useway asway ofway eptemberSay, 1992 andway ashay incesay eenbay odifiedmay. estionsQuay 11 andway 12 ereway ombinedcay andway odifiedmay onway ethay urrentcay ormfay. eThay oldway estionsquay areway istedlay atway ethay endway.
Exerciseway eatgray arecay enwhay innerviewingway applicantsway orfay ecommendsray otay enterway away empletay. akeMay itway earclay atthay youay epresentray ethay ordLay inway eterminingday orthinessway otay enterway ishay olyhay ousehay. oNay unworthyway applicantway ouldshay eceiveray away ecommendray. eBay ertaincay atthay eachway applicantway isway orthyway asway away esultray ofway ivinglay upway otay urchChay andardsstay andway inciplespray.
Acceptableway answersway otay ethay ecommendray innerviewway estionsquay ordinarilyway illway establishway orthinessway otay eceiveray away ecommendray. oDay otnay assumeway atthay orthinessway otay enterway ethay empletay atway oneway imetay isway easonray orfay away asualcay innerviewway aterlay.
iscussDay ethay innerviewway estionsquay ithway eachway applicantway, andway eepkay eachway innerviewway ivatepray. equireRay anway applicantway owhay isway otnay ivinglay upway otay urchChay andardsstay andway inciplespray otay emonstrateday uetray epentanceray eforebay eceivingray away ecommendray otay enterway away empletay. enWhay innerviewingway anway applicantway orfay away ecommendray, oday otnay inquireway intoway ersonalpay, intimateway attersmay aboutway aritalmay elationsray etweenbay away usbandhay andway ishay ifeway. enerallyGay, oday otnay eviateday omfray ethay ecommendray innerviewway estionsquay. Ifway, uringday anway innerviewway, anway applicantway asksway aboutway ethay oprietypray ofway ecificspay onductcay, oday otnay ursuepay ethay attermay. erelyMay uggestsay atthay ifway ethay applicantway ashay enoughway anxietyway aboutway ethay oprietypray ofway ethay onductcay otay askway aboutway itway, ethay estbay oursecay ouldway ebay otay iscontinueday itway. Ifway youay areway ensitivesay andway iseway, youay usuallyway ancay eventpray osethay eingbay innerviewedway omfray askingway uchsay explicitway estionsquay. Innerviewway estionsQuay orfay ecommendsRay otay
Enterway away empleTay
1. oDay youay elievebay inway odGay, ethay Eternalway atherFay, inway ishay onSay, esusJay istChray, andway inway ethay olyHay ostGhay; andway oday youay avehay away irmfay estimonytay ofway ethay estoredray ospelgay?
2. oDay youay ustainsay ethay esidentPray ofway eThay urchChay ofway esusJay istChray ofway atterLay-ayday aintsSay asway ethay ophetpray, eersay, andway evelatorray; andway oday youay ecognizeray imhay asway ethay onlyway ersonpay onway ethay earthway authorizedway otay exerciseway allway iesthoodpray eyskay?
3. oDay youay ustainsay ethay otherway eneralGay Authoritiesway andway ethay ocallay authoritiesway ofway ethay urchChay?
4. oDay youay ivelay ethay awlay ofway astitychay?
5. Isway erethay anythingway inway youray onductcay elatingray otay embersmay ofway youray amilyfay atthay isway otnay inway armonyhay ithway ethay eachingstay ofway ethay urchChay?
6. oDay youay affiliateway ithway anyway oupgray orway individualway osewhay eachingstay orway acticespray areway ontrarycay otay orway opposeway osethay acceptedway ybay eThay urchChay ofway esusJay istChray ofway atterLay-ayday aintsSay, orway oday youay ympathizesay ithway ethay eceptspray ofway anyway uchsay oupgray orway individualway?
7. oDay youay earnestlyway ivestray otay oday youray utyday inway ethay urchChay; otay attendway youray acramentsay, iesthoodpray, andway otherway eetingsmay; andway otay obeyway ethay ulesray, awslay, andway ommandmentscay ofway ethay ospelgay? 8. Areway youay onesthay inway youray ealingsday ithway youray ellowmenfay?
9. Areway youay away ullfay-ithetay ayerpay?
10. oDay youay eepkay ethay ordWay ofway isdomWay?
11. aveHay youay everway eenbay ivorcedday orway areway youay ownay eparatedsay omfray youray ousespay underway orderway ofway away ivilcay ourtcay? Ifway yesay, (away) - Areway youay urrentcay inway youray upportsay aymentspay andway otherway inancialfay obligationsway orfay amilyfay embersmay, asway ecifiedspay ybay ourtcay orderway orway inway otherway ittenwray, indingbay ommitmentscay? (bay) ereWay erethay anyway ircumstancescay ofway ansgressiontray inway onnectioncay ithway youray ivorceday orway eparationsay atthay avehay otnay eenbay eviouslypray esolvedray ithway youray ishopbay?
12. Ifway youay avehay eceivedray youray empletay endowmentway -- (away) oDay youay eepkay allway ethay ovenantscay atthay youay ademay inway ethay empletay? (bay) oDay youay earway ethay authorizedway armentsgay othbay ayday andway ightnay?
13. asHay erethay eenbay anyway insay orway isdeedmay inway youray ifelay atthay ouldshay avehay eenbay esolvedray ithway iesthoodpray authoritiesway utbay ashay otnay?
14. oDay youay onsidercay yourselfay orthyway inway everyway ayway otay enterway ethay empletay andway articipatepay inway empletay ordinancesway? Inway eachway innerviewway, emphasizeway otay ethay applicantway ethay eednay otay afeguardsay ethay ecommendray. Itway ustmay evernay ebay oanedlay andway ouldshay ebay eportedray immediatelyway otay ethay issuerway ifway ostlay orway olenstay.
estionsQuay #11 & #12 (eplacedray
ybay #11away & #11bay):
Faith-Based.com ~ AXIS of FAITH
Please don't tolerate INTOLERANCE !
GO TO TOP
LDS Church comments on 'Big Love' episode
Published: March 9, 2009
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is speaking out about concerns over an upcoming episode of HBO's "Big Love," which
[apparently]depicts sacred temple ceremonies.
This "Publicity Dilemma" is discussed at length on the "Newsroom" section of www.lds.org.
"Before the first season of the HBO series 'Big Love' aired more than two years ago, the show's creators and HBO executives assured the curch that the series wouldn't be about Mormons," the essay on lds.org states. "However, Internet references to 'Big Love' indicate that more and more Mormon themes are now being woven into the show and that the characters are often unsympathetic figures who come across as narrow and self-righteous. And according to TV Guide, it now seems the show's writers are to depict what they understand to be sacred temple ceremonies.
"Certainly Church members are offended when their most sacred practices are misrepresented or presented without context or understanding."
The essay on lds.org states that the HBO series "once again blurs the distinctions between The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the show's fictional non-Mormon characters and their practices. Such things say much more about the insensitivities of writers, producers and TV executives than they say about Latter-day Saints."
These references are directed toward the upcoming Sunday, March 15, episode of "Big Love," which takes viewers into a Hollywood version of an LDS temple's endowment ceremony and celestial room.
Last week some LDS Church members began e-mail chains calling for cancellation of subscriptions to AOL, which, like HBO, is owned by Time Warner.
The church said individual members have the right to take such actions if they choose. The church as an institution does not call for boycotts and stressed that members in "the public arena should conduct themselves with dignity and thoughtfulness."
— L y n n A r a v e Source: Unk.; arrived via email.
Material for this
web page is derived from Mormon scripture and from Mormon sources, its documents and
papyri. Faith and prayer played a part.
This web page is true as far as it has been translated correctly. A product of TRANSLATED-CORRECTLY.COM™. All right reserved. © 2008.
Some artwork supplied by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0d1HbItOo&feature=related